Metal Fabrication Shop Equipment
Software and Business Systems
In the realm of structural steel and metal fabrication, Stone Bridge has remained committed to staying on the technological leading edge. Believing that software tools radically affect productivity, Stone Bridge has invested heavily in software products with development attitudes that mimic their own.
Engineering and detailing is largely provided in-house with four stations of Strucad detailing software augmented with the most current versions of AutoCad. This means detailing time is dramatically cut and response to design changes is immediate. Our engineering capabilities save your project time and money.
Information and historical data is one of Stone Bridges' greatest assets. Historical data generated over a quarter century is entrusted to the undisputed leader in the Steel-Fabrication-Software-Industry, FabTrol Systems. FabTrol software manages your project data while our engineering and detailing departments utilize a variety of modern CAD and 3-D modeling systems. From connection design software to steel detailing software, nothing is left to chance. Utilizing Strucad 3-D modeling software, wire frame models of the clients' buildings are generated and detailed. Once detailed and approved, CAM data is electronically downloaded to any of the shop floor machine tools for immediate fabrication.
Machine tools are key in our ability to produce accurate weldments and shipping pieces on time and with the least possibility for error. Our inventory of equipment is constantly changing as we re-tool our metal fabrication shop with cutting-edge machine tools. Stone Bridges' shop floor contains the areas largest selection of CNC tools from drill, coping, and angle lines, to plasma and oxy-fuel cutting, shear, brake, duplicator and a host of NC or manually controlled machine tools.
The following is a list of machine tools and other structural steel and metal fabrication equipment.
CNC and NC Machine Tools
- Ficep Model 1004DZTT CNC drill line, plasma/oxy fuel coping and beam marking system
- Kaltenbach 52" cold saw with NC measuring system
- Controlled Automation ABL-100 CNC single-shear angle fabrication system
(angle 8" x 8"x 1" and 1" x 12" Flat Bar capacity)
- Hypertherm HT2000 CNC plasma/oxy-acetylene cutting table 10' x 20' x 6" plate capacity
- Peddinghaus CNC Plate Duplicator Punch (30" x 10'; x 1" cap)
- Controlled Automation 2AT-175 CNC Plate Punch (175 tons)
- Hydra Power NC controlled plate shear - 3/4" x 10' capacity
- Hydra Power NC controlled press brake - 400 ton x 12' capacity
Other Machine Tools
- 585 Ton capacity Cambco cambering machine, sections to W40
- Peddinghaus single end punchs to 175 ton
- Peddinghaus super 16 iron worker
- Marvel No.8, and No.81-A, automatic band saw - 18" cap
- Dorringer 18" Cold Saw
- Landis double headed threader - 1-1/2" cap
- 8,000 sq.ft. climate controlled paint bay (and AISC sophisticated paint endorsement)
- 8-wheel Wheelabrator - Automatic sandblast machine 4'x8' opening
- Sandstorm sandblasting setup with Atlas 185 comp.
- Grayco Pro 3500 and airless paint pumps (application of primers, epoxy, and polyurethane)
- 13 Overhead bridge cranes (3 at 10 ton, 2 at 7-1/2 ton, 5 at 5 ton, 2 at 3 ton)
- 24,000 lb, 15,000 lb and 11,000 lb fork trucks
- Cincinnati 48" radial arm drill press
- Bertsch 5/8" x 6' Plate Roll
- Ercolina pipe rolling and mandrel pipe bending system - 2" pipe capacity
- Almi Pipe Profiling System
- Lincoln and Miller wire feed mig and tig welders
- Lincoln submerged welding stations - 2 each
- Full time AWS certified welding inspector and quality assurance department